Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A BertBlog quickie: The Wire

OK, listen up.  First off, completely unrelated, don't be one of those annoying douches that comments about grammatical errors.  It's not funny and kiss my ass.  OK, with that said, I took it upon myself, some years back, to become a profit and spread the word about the greatest TV show ever created.  I speak of course of the masterpiece that is The Wire.  Look, I don't put much stock in what someone watches, but if you haven't watched the Wire then you are a loser.  There has never been a show like it and will never be one like it again.  It almost has become a litmus test for my friendship.  It's one of those shows that I can't over hype, or oversell.  It always lives up to the billing.  Give season 1 a try.  If by the end of that, you don't want to keep going, well then you're useless and probably live a meaningless life.  So...no pressure.  By the end, as the show wraps up (5 seasons, around 60ish eps in all) you will feel like you lost good friends in a world that you will never get to visit for the first time again.  The good news is the re-watchability factor is off the charts.   I probably watched the seasons over and over again 4 or 5 times already.  The writing, the acting, the stories will forge a connection that you will more than likely never experience again with any other show.  It is creator David Simon's crowning achievement.  I strongly recommend.  For fans of the show already.  Funny or Die came up with this little gem.  enjoy.

  http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4b226/the-wire-the-musical-with-michael-kenneth-williams?playlist=featured_videos

5 comments:

  1. It's prophet, not profit. That's a spelling error, not a grammatical error. It IS funny and there will be NO ass kissing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is reading this and thinking how not funny you are, and probably thinks of you as a douche now. Well done. I tried to save you all from this people. But there is always an ass. I used the wrong version of the word in my haste and spell check didn't pick it up because it's spelled CORRECTLY. So how it's a spelling error is beyond me. But in this douche's world, it is. He showed me!

      Delete
  2. By everyone you mean you and me? Love you, Bert.

    Scott Stegen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Almost 200 people. See, unlike you, people actually liked me. :) So, yeah...200 people. But I appreciate you trying to make me look stupid on the first day of my new endeavor. You were always such a sweet kid. HA! Scott Stegan...Where the hell have you been?

      Delete
  3. Just looking to twist you up, buddy. Since it worked, I may drop by and correct your grammar more often ;)

    ReplyDelete